Powered industrial trucks, i.e. forklifts are common in material handling and many other industries. Forklifts are used to lift, raise and lower heavy and large pallets, boxes, crates and containers. Moving these heavy loads create hazards commonly associated with powered industrial trucks and anywhere they are used. Each different style or class of forklift creates distinct operating hazards. The best way to protect your employees, customers, product and equipment from injury, damage or death is through proper training.
Business’s utilizing industrial lift trucks are required to provide OSHA Forklift Operator Training and Certification for all employees who operate powered industrial lift trucks. All trainees may operate a powered industrial truck only under direct supervision of certified trainers who have the knowledge, training and experience to train operators and effectively evaluate student’s competence. Training is required to take place at a location that does not endanger either the trainee, trainer or other employees.
All training must consist of a combination of formal instruction to include lecture, discussion, interactive computer learning, video, written material, practice exercises performed by trainee after training as demonstrations performed by a certified trainer and evaluation of trainee’s performance in the workplace.
Training program content topics include:
- Industrial truck related topics
- General operating instructions, warnings, precautions for truck types the trainee operator will be authorized to operate
- Differences between automobiles and industrial trucks
- Location of lift truck controls and instrumentation, what their function is, and how they work
- Lift truck engine and or motor operation, steering and maneuvering
- Vehicle, capacity, stability, inspections and general maintenance that operators are required to perform
- Refueling and or charging and recharging of industrial lift truck batteries
- Required refresher training and evaluation
- Operating limits and more
Liftmasters is dedicated to training our customers and their employees on the proper use of material handling equipment. We offer OSHA certified training on all equipment we sell. Our operator safety training programs provide:
- OSHA compliance for operators
- Training at your location or our San Antonio location
- Video training courses
- Operator permits
Stay OSHA compliant and avoid the risk of fines by enrolling in one of our training programs.